Skip navigation

It has been a shamefully long time since I wrote my last post and I apologise to anyone who has been waiting for  news of the cello. Although it has been progressing well, I became so absorbed in making it that I didn’t have enough energy left over to write about it. However, I did keep a camera nearby and I’ll sketch out the various stages of the instrument’s construction in photographs. Here’s the rib structure complete, with the corners trimmed.

dsc_0004-1

The top layer of the mould has been lifted off, exposing the inner sides of the ribs so that the linings can be glued into place.

dsc_0003-1

The lining of the C bout is morticed into the corner block

dsc_0004-2

And here is the rib structure complete and removed from the mould. I’m in the process of trimming the blocks down to their final size.

dsc_0013

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: